Required Skill / JD:
• Installs, maintains, and repairs heating, ventilating, air conditioning and steam distribution equipment and systems.
• Operates a variety of equipment as needed to perform work.
• Installs, maintains and repairs computerized electronic pneumatic devices related to HVAC control.
• Operates various measuring and testing instruments.
• Requisitions material from stockroom and controls storage of materials.
• Maintains electronic/pneumatic testing equipment.
• Calls and works with vendors to arrange service for warranted parts, select appropriate replacement parts and troubleshoot problems.
• Reads blueprints, piping, and wiring diagrams.
• Performs brazing, soldering, pipefitting and welding.
• Maintains underground steam distribution system through repair and/or replacement of parts.
• Performance Management of suppliers and contractors.
1. Ensure that all works are carried out in a timely manner and to an appropriately high standard.
2. Liaise with suppliers/contractors to ensure that works are carried out in the most efficient manner and at the lowest practical cost.
3. Maintain a comprehensive file of all service dockets and records.
4. Maintain an afterhours contact list for all suppliers and contractors.
Work Location: UAE